While we are currently getting hosed with rain all week, and my thoughts do go to people being affected by the hurricane, I would like to turn our attention to some good news. Not much of it gets reported, but here at the Ohio Steelhead blog, I am reporting it. The good news is: the rain is good for waterflows that gets those steelhead running and provides more ideal fishing conditions–and . . . the rain will be tapering off toward the weekend, and we’re looking at some clear skies starting Saturday. This means you will see me on the river swinging Intruders on the Rocky and Chagrin. Hope to see you out there. Tight lines!
- How to keep your head up in the hobby of fly fishing that is filled with jealousy and competitiveness (Fly Fishing is awesome why be so uptight?)
- Fly tying: Getting ready while conditions are off
- Exploring North Chagrin Reservation
- Skunked: Fish of a thousand casts
- Where “firsts” are found in several forms